Friday, April 25, 2014

The Ratting Hour

Get some sleep tonight ladies and gents because tomorrow is the day we've all been training for! All those sleepless nights, gripping the pages with anxious fingers, eyes tracing the words of our latest addiction... all in preparation for this one event...


That's right, it's here! And with it comes hours of snacking, blogging and propping our eyes open with toothpicks through all hours of the night! This has become a tradition for my mother and I, and while we have always done this at her house in the past, tomorrow we will be RATing at my house! AND my husband will be there to cater to our every need... err... ahem... I mean, to keep us company as we read. (See the rhyme I just made) And although he would love nothing more than dropping everything to read with us for 24 hrs, he has something called responsibilities to attend to. However, he will join us here and there as he gets a chance, and yes (be jealous) he offered to make us all kinds of snack platters and refill our cups when they are empty. Yes, we are newly weds and no, I don't expect this kind of willing servitude to last forever.

So here is the pile of books that my mother and I have accumulated and will share:






The snacks we will be consuming are:
Apples & Peanut Butter
Veggies & Dip and homemade Hummus
Chips & homemade Salsa
Strawberries
Clementines
Cheese & Crackers
Trail Mix
Chocolate covered Espresso Beans
Shrimp Cocktail
Sushi
Pizza
Iced Tea
and of course lots and lots of COFFEE

Please hop over to my mom's blog Wall-to-Wall Books and cheer her on as well!

Can't wait to see you all! Happy Reading!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! training for, funny.
    Um ewwww - "cater to our every need... err... ahem..."
    Some things a mother doesn't need to know!
    Oh :-/ you meant coffee and running for pizza... sheesh.

    Se ya in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, enjoy your RATboy servant! And ewww Wendy!!! My mind didn't go in the gutter until I read your comment! Bad Wendy!

    Ps, Toothpicksssssss!!! Yesssss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should expect the willingness to last forever! :) My hubby sounds similar, and we've been married going on 10 years this year. :) Wonderful men are great. Enjoy your reading, this is my first RaT with this site, I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys!!! *shakes head* shame shame...

    And Jenn! Stay away from the toothpicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom started it!! *points finger*

      *eyes toothpicks*

      Delete
  5. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. dératisation

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! indian visa for french citizens

    ReplyDelete